I’m learning how to apply ink washes and glaze them with watercolor. Today, it being Sunday, I thought I’d have oodles of time to do turnarounds for all of the characters in my children’s book; Jimmy Jay, Momma Jay, Jenny Jay (I keep changing her name), and Buddy Butterfly. It didn’t happen. As usual I grossly underestimated how much time I have and how speedily I can draw and paint.
I did get Jimmy’s turnaround done. The front view is the least pleasing because his beak/nose is completely flattened, and the back view doesn’t say much. I don’t think I’ll ever use that view.
I’m converting my sketchbook to a journal/diary. Since I’m learning something new everyday, I need to write notes and comments so I’ll remember what color I used when I painted a picture. These days my drawings and paintings 100% for for practice. Finished pieces seem to be on the distant horizon.
As for my supplies, they’re the same as yesterday. I see that semi-opaque Cerulean Blue Chrome covers the line work. I’m leaning toward Phthalo Blue GS for the bird characters.