I’ve placed all of the images into my 40-page picture book. There are 10 more pages that I didn’t account for when I started this project: six pages of front matter and four pages of back matter. That’s a lot of white pages to fill with details like the title page, copyright page, frontispiece, end notes, and a blank final page for the publisher’s barcode.
I’m still tweaking the text bubbles…some of them are ugly and distracting. And, now that I have the whole piece completed, I can see that some images, even after my adjustments, still need some more room between the subjects and the outside cut line.
Here’s a screenshot of the final five pages in InDesign. Next step, after a few final touches to the text and crowed images, will be figuring out how to generate a publishable PDF.